- Massage Therapy
- Case Studies
Located in Burbank
About Reiki Therapy
Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key), is an ancient form of touch therapy. It works in a very similar way as acupuncture, in that it brings the body into balance by removing blocked 'chi' or 'energy', but without the use of needles. It is non-invasive and there are no side effects. Reiki induces a natural state of relaxation. The body will heal itself, but only when the body is completely relaxed. Reiki heals on the physical, mental and emotional levels.
It is said that Reiki originated in India 5,000 years ago, and shortly after it spread to Tibet. It wasn't until Dr. Usui of Japan rediscovered it in the early 19th century that Reiki found its way to the modern world. I am a certified Reiki Master and practice Reiki under the Usui system of healing.
A Reiki treatment takes about an hour to complete. The client stays fully clothed and the practitioner places their hands on them in a specific sequence. The therapistsí hands remain still during treatment and emanate heat, a calm, soothing feeling. The sensation that Reiki produces is subtle but its effect penetrates deeply, thus accelerating and assisting in the healing process.
When our body experiences stress, it may take a long time before disease or pain result. Just the same, it may take a while for the body to achieve the necessary level of relaxation to completely heal. Therefore, it may take more than one session to achieve your goal.
Benefits of Reiki
- balances and harmonizes the body's energies
- strengthens immune system
- relief from allergies, arthritis and chronic disorders
- complements other treatments and conventional medicines
- improves intuition
- promotes personal awareness
- clears toxins
- enhance meditative states
- promotes relaxation and sleep
- clears blockages and suppressed emotions
- balancing chakras
- it is an intelligent energy which goes to the greatest need
- dramatically reduces recovery process (from surgery and major illness)
- helps in relieving pain
- relieves stress and increases relaxation
- balances and harmonizes the function of glands and organs
- clears energy blockages and suppressed emotions
- works well with traditional medicine and improves its results
- provides limitless benefits of spiritual growth and increases intuition
- reiki can be used on situations, to achieve goals, to overcome obstacles
- clearing or release of stored emotions
- increased motivation/energy level
- feelings of connectedness with self and ones spirituality
- helps to prevent physical disorders and to maintain a balanced state of health
The Medical Research website below is a fantastic source of information on medical conditions treated with Reiki. If you are wondering if Reiki will be able to heal a specific condition, you can look it up in this database.
Reiki – An Ancient Healing Method for the Modern World
By Laura Sadler